I’m gonna keep this short and sweet – because I’m announcing a new weekly event around here, and I don’t want to make you read all day long to get to it. I just want to give you another fabulous recipe so you can feed your belly.
Our family has been trying a new “grain free” thing to see how it goes for us…so, in lieu of that, I’ve been using a lot of spaghetti squash in place of pasta for most recipes. It’s turned out great, and I don’t miss pasta AT ALL. Plus, making pasta from a squash is pretty funny and it makes me giggle with excitement. I’m easily amused.
I got this cookbook when I was a junior in high school. I bought it from my Home-Ec teacher, Mrs. Cole. It’s full of yummy goodness – but most of it is also full of processed ingredients. However, I’ve become quite good at switching out those processed things for homemade things…and now that I’ve said that, my next dish will probably taste like dog food.
I chose this recipe for Macaroni and Cheese Deluxe because I was in a cheesy kind of mood…which is a lot. I omitted the macaroni and used spaghetti squash…and changed up the cheese a little bit. And added Parmesan, because I love Parmesan. Dear Ruth Black, thanks for submitting this recipe…it is very tasty – I hope you are not offended by my changes.
I won’t go into specifics on the squash right now, because I’ve already done that. For this recipe, you need one medium squash, cooked and shredded. You can fix it in the crock or fix it in the oven – I chose oven for this one.
When your squash is done, you just mix everything all together and bake it. I love recipes like this that don’t require 15 steps or waiting in between mixing or other stuff like that…most of the time, if a recipe calls for that, I just move on to something else. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
Pour this into an 8 inch square baking dish and sprinkle the top with Parmesan. I like cheese…have I ever mentioned that? Is there really such a thing as too much cheese? Answer – yes…regularity is highly under-rated.
Just bake until it’s golden on top and set – about 45 minutes. I really, really, really like this dish. In fact, I ate about half the pan myself. Yes, it was divided in to two meals…but I ain’t proud. This is good stuff – and I should eat it before it grows mold…right? Preach it. And is that yellow dot on my cabinet bothering anyone else except ME???
**See recipe at bottom**
Now, as you know I used to have a Trim Healthy Tuesday link up. I have decided to go for a broader topic: I present to you…Centsibly Sugar and Grain Free Link-Up. If you have a grain free or sugar free recipe, I would be tickled if you would link up here. I hope this will be a great resource for everyone looking to kill the sugar-monster that taunts you. I will post the rules below.
Just because you’re not a blogger doesn’t mean you can’t benefit from this link up – you’ll be able to scroll through all the entries and hopefully add some GREAT recipes to your line-up. I can’t wait! I wish we could start today…but I figured I had better give you a heads up. Now, you can prepare. I will be featuring the top post (voted by your clicks) and my top 3 picks. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!! I think I need some cheese.
Guidelines for Linked Posts:
- Accepted post topics will be: Grain-free and sugar-free recipes, kitchen tips for living grain-/sugar-free, weekly menus, informational grain-free/sugar-free posts, or ‘how to’ articles.
- Nutrition information for your recipe is helpful, but not mandatory.
- You MAY post recipes that you’ve tweaked to make sugar-free/grain-free, but nothing verbatim from another website. If using another person’s recipe, please include where the original recipe came from and include a link. Use only your photos unless you have permission to use another’s.
- Please link your post back to Stacy Makes Cents. DO NOT LINK TO THE HOMEPAGE – instead link directly to the Centsibly Sugar-Free post to which you are linking up.
- Please post no more than 3 links each week.
- Do not post the same link more than one time.
- You may include recipes with honey and maple syrup but please note that stevia, xylitol, and erythritol (Swerve) are preferred. When using honey/maple syrup, please give alternative substitutions if possible.
- No giveaways or advertising-only type posts are allowed. You may post about items you like and you may include affiliate links, but the post MUST be related to the sugar-free/grain-free lifestyle. Example – posting about a kitchen tool that you like is acceptable when telling how it can help with living sugar-free/grain-free. Posting about a cookbook just so you can sell it is NOT acceptable.
- Any post that does not meet the guidelines outlined above will be considered Spam and will be deleted without notification.
Spaghetti Squash Deluxe
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Combine all, except Parmesan. Mix well.
- Pour into greased 8 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until browned and set.
Yield: 5 servings
*This post is linked at Slightly Indulgent Tuesday at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free, at Totally Tasty Tuesdays at Mandy’s Recipe Box, at Handmade Tuesdays at Ladybug Blessings, at Hearth and Soul Blog Hop at Premeditated Leftovers, at Show Me What You Got at Our Delightful Home, at In and Out of the Kitchen at Feeding Big, at Fat Tuesday at Real Food Forager, at Domestically Divine Tuesday at Far Above Rubies, at Teach Me Tuesday at Growing Home, at Traditional Tuesdays at Delicious Obsessions, at Gluten Free Tuesday at Easy Green Mama, at Share It Link Party at The Winthrop Chronicles, at Wow Me Wednesday at Ginger Snap Crafts, at Wonderful Wednesdays at Ducks in a Row, at Wednesday Extravaganza at Hungry Little Girl, at Gluten Free Wednesday at Gluten Free Homemaker, at Wonderful Food Wednesday at All She Cooks, at Cast Party Wednesday at Lady Behind the Curtain, at Make Bake Create at Hope in Every Season, at Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop, at Show and Share Wednesday at Mostly Homemade Mom, at Fresh Foods Link Up at Gastronomical Sovereignty, at Wednesday Whatsits at White Lights on Wednesday, at Welcome Home Wednesday at Raising Arrows, at Healthy 2Day Wednesday at Authentic Simplicity, at Works for Me Wednesday at We are That Family, at Thank Your Body Thursday at Thank Your Body, at Thursdays Treasures at Recipes For My Boys, at Tasty Thursdays at The Mandatory Mooch, at Thriving on Thursday at Domesblissity, at The Project Stash at Seven Alive, at Frugal Food Thursday at Frugal Follies, at Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, at Making Monday at A Bright and Beautiful Life, at Homemade Mondays at Being Frugal by Choice, at Inspiration Monday at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, at Marvelous Mondays at This Gal Cooks, at Melt In Your Mouth Monday at Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms, at Mix It Up Monday at Flour Me With Love, at A Round Tuit at Creating My Way to Success, at Mouthwatering Mondays at A Southern Fairytale, at Make Your Own Monday at Nourishing Treasures, at Homestead Barn Hop at Prairie Homestead, at Think Pink Sunday at Flamingo Toes.