I’m really enjoying this series of cooking through my stash – and I’m also enjoying incorporating my eBooks into it as well. This week I’m making Chocomole for you guys – and it’s a recipe directly from my friend Katie over at Kitchen Stewardship. Katie’s recipes are always delicious. I’ve already told you I love her granola bars and her White Bean Pasta…now you can add Chocomole to the list, from the cookbook Healthy Snacks To Go 2nd Edition.
What is Chocomole? It’s pudding made from AVOCADOS! I’m sure you’ve seen it all over Pinterest. I’ve tried a few recipes, but this is HANDS DOWN the best one EVAH! See, all those caps mean that I really mean it. I don’t lie.
Katie is already a whole-foods-recipe-creationist (I learned most of what I know about whole foods from her), so I didn’t really have to tweak this recipe…but I did make it Trim Healthy Mama friendly. And I did add PEANUT BUTTER. Holy cow. Anything with chocolate should include peanut butter. It was the bomb.com.
I really love Healthy Snacks To Go. It’s great to have on hand for those times when I need snacks for trips and other things out of the house. I love that I can fix goodies for Annie from this book and have no reservations about feeding them to her. And she has no reservations about eating them either. Especially those granola bars.
The addition of peanut butter really put this recipe over the top. And I did use stevia instead of honey. In the recipe box, I’ll put Katie’s original recipe and my tweaks. Yummy. I didn’t share with Annie either. I waited until she was in bed to eat it. But that silly Barry was hanging around and wanted a bowl…with some Chocomole in it. What’s THAT about?
This will be a staple around this house for SURE.
If you would like to buy Healthy Snacks to Go, Stacy Makes Cents readers can get $3 off! Use code SNACKSCENTS When checking out.
**I was given permission by Katie to post this recipe.**
Now, for my announcement. Starting next week, I will be co-hosting a weekly Trim Healthy Mama link-up with Gwen from Gwen’s Nest!!! I’m SUPER pumped about this, y’all!
Each week Gwen and I will post a recipe that’s Trim Healthy Mama friendly. Then we’ll ask you to link up recipes from your blog that are applicable as well! I’ll post the rules and guidelines below. You can also post kitchen tips for THM, weekly menus, how-tos, and exercise posts. It MUST be applicable to Trim Healthy Mama.
The following week we’ll both choose our top 3 favorite posts and the one post that got the most clicks. It will surely give your blog extra exposure – the good kind, not like when you get your skirt tucked into your pantyhose.
Please help us get the word out about this new series!!! Tell your blogging friends! Tell your neighbors! Tell your mama! The more people that participate, the more recipes we’ll be able to offer you.
Join Gwen this week as she posts her recipe for Stevia Pancake Syrup!
Check out the new #linkup for @TrimHealthyMama with @GwenEBrown and @stacymakescents! #trimhealthymama http://bit.ly/14MuuGY <— Tweet This
**See below recipe for Trim Healthy Tuesday guidelines*
Peanut Butter Chocomole
Adapted from Healthy Snacks to Go
- 1 medium avocado
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Stevia to taste
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
***Katie’s original recipe calls for: 1 medium avocado, ¼ cup cocoa powder, ¼ cup honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla.***
- Scoop the avocado out of the shell and discard the pit.
- Dump it, along with all the rest of the ingredients, into your food processor.
- Give it a whirl until it’s creamy and smooth. Then stick your finger in and lick, BUT NOT WHEN THE FOOD PROCESSOR IS ON – you gotta make sure you added enough stevia.
- Stick it in the fridge to get cold – or eat it right away from the food processor bowl because you have no shame. Delicious with almonds sprinkled on top!
Yield: 2 servings
THM Compliant: This is an S dessert or snack
Trim Healthy Tuesday
Recipes and Tips for Your Trim Health Lifestyle
What is Trim & Healthy Tuesday?
It’s a great way to link up with other bloggers and readers who are excited about living the Trim & Healthy lifestyle outlined in the book Trim Healthy Mama!
How can I participate in the Trim Healthy Tuesday Link Up?
Anyone who is into Trim & Healthy eating can visit with us weekly, and pin or share the awesome collections of great tips! If you blog, and would like to play along, write a Trim Healthy Mama recipe, kitchen tip, share your THM weekly menu, or exercise option on your blog. Then come on over to either host blog, Stacy Makes Cents or Gwen’s Nest, and share your link each Tuesday. Use your own photo or use our Trim Healthy Tuesday button on your post. Your link will show up on BOTH hosting sites for maximum exposure! Please see the posting guidelines below.
Featured Recipes EACH Week!
Every Tuesday, Gwen and Stacy will each choose 3 of their favorite recipes from the prior week and they will be featured for Trim Healthy Tuesday. We’ll also highlight the link that received the most clicks from the previous week, along with our own Trim & Healthy kitchen tip, recipe, how-to, exercise advice or menu. Don’t miss it!
Guidelines for Linked Posts
- Accepted post topics will be: Trim Healthy Mama related recipes, kitchen tips, weekly menu, ‘how to’ articles, or exercise tips, and MODEST before and after photos may be attached to any of the above. Please do not link personal progress reports or non-THM recipes.
- You may post links from YOUR blog to recipes that are Trim Healthy Mama friendly. They can be S (satisfying), E (energizing), FP (Fuel Pull), or Crossovers. Please note which of these categories your recipe falls under. Nutrition information for your recipe is helpful, but not mandatory.
- Please respect the copyright of the book, and do not post recipes from the Trim Healthy Mama book on your blog. You MAY post recipes that you’ve changed up to make your own, but nothing verbatim from the book.
- Please link your post back to one of the hosting blogs above: Gwen’s Nest or Stacy Makes Cents. Your link will show up on both blogs!
- Please post no more than 3 links each week.
- Post new links from your blog each week – do not post the same link each week.
- Recipes that do not fall under the THM guidelines, personal progress reports, or re-posts from previous weeks will be considered Spam and will be deleted.
- You may include recipes with “Splenda” and other similar products or foods that are considered “compromise foods”, but please note that in the recipe and either make them optional or offer substitutions for on-plan items if possible. Please do not use ingredients that are off plan…like white potatoes.
- No giveaways or advertising-only type posts are allowed. You may post about cookbooks that you like and you may include affiliate links, but the post MUST be THM friendly. Example – posting about an eCookbook that you like is acceptable when telling how it can help with THM. Posting about a cookbook just so you can sell it is NOT acceptable.
- For help with determining where your recipes fall, visit Gwen’s THM Quick Start Guide.
**This post is linked at Fat Tuesday on Real Food Forager, at Teach Me Tuesday on Growing Home, at Domestically Divine at Far Above Rubies, at Make Your Own Monday at Nourishing Treasures, at Allergy Free Wednesday on Whole New Mom, at Healthy 2Day Wednesday at Authentic Simplicity, at Mouthwatering Monday at A Southern Fairy Tale, at Frugal Days Sustainable Ways at Frugally Sustainable, at Welcome Home Wednesday on Raising Arrows, at Pennywise Platter on The Nourishing Gourmet, at Works for Me Wednesday at We Are That Family,at Simple Lives Thursday on GNOWFGLINS, at Full Plate Thursday on Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, at Proverbs 31 Thursday at Raising Mighty Arrows, at From the Farm on Fresh Eggs Daily, at Fellowship Fridays at Christian Mommy Blogger, at Trim Healthy Tuesday, at Catch as Catch Can at My Repurposed Life, at Frugal Food Thursday on Frugal Follies, and at Homestead Barn Hop at The Prairie Homestead.