Fix and Forget Friday is brought to you today by Mindy from The Purposed Heart. All of Mindy’s recipes rock my face off, so I know you’re going to LOVE these!
We love sloppy joes at our house. They’re such an easy and economical meal, and they also happen to be delicious! Well, except for that time that I thought I would be sneaky and use half ground beef and half ground liver – they weren’t so delicious that time.
I know that liver is good for you and all, but I just can’t get past the taste or the smell of it. Yuck! If you like liver – go you! Eat it up, because it is super nutritious and good for you.
So besides the sneaky liver sloppy joes, I’ve never had a sloppy joe that I didn’t like. And this recipe is no exeption! It’s so easy to throw together, and the taste is far better than any sauce that you could buy from the store.
If you have time, you should also try making some homemade buns to go with your homemade sloppy joes! Stacy has a great recipe for homemade buns that I highly recommend – they’re awesome! They’ll take your sandwiches from yum to YUM!
Crock Pot Sloppy Joes
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 ½ cups ketchup
- ¼ cup sucanat (or brown sugar)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (white vinegar would work too)
- ¼ cup mustard
- 1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet with the onion and green pepper.
- Add browned ground beef mixture along with the remaining ingredients to the crock pot. Mix well to combine.
- Cook on low for at least 3 hours, but up to 6 hours.