Ever since starting Trim Healthy Mama, I’ve been on a smoothie kick. If I see a new recipe, I usually make it…unless it’s got spinach in it – I’m still learning to love green smoothies. Or anchovies. Not ever gonna make a smoothie with anchovies in it. *Shudder*
My favorite way to enjoy smoothies is with frozen berries instead of ice cubes. Sometimes I do make a coffee flavored smoothie and use coffee ice cubes, but for the most part I prefer frozen fruit to give it the thickness and body – and yes, I realize that sounds like a hair conditioner commercial. Using fruit instead of ice helps keep the smoothie from tasting too watered down. No one wants a watered down smoothie – or an anchovy smoothie. *Shudder*
We’re hitting up another eCookbook in my Cooking Through Stacy’s Stash series. This time it’s Spring Into Smoothies All Summer Long. It’s an entire eBook dedicated to healthy smoothie recipes…and most of them are easily converted to Trim Healthy Mama status….and even if they aren’t, they give you a GREAT starting point for ideas.
Guess what? THIS BOOK IS FREE!!!!! Yes, I realize all caps is SCREAMING – but hey…if a gal can’t get excited over a free eBook about smoothies, then what can she get excited about? Get this free eBook when you subscribe to Christian Mommy Blogger.
This book is a collaboration between some of my very best blogging BFFs…girls that I love. I love their recipes too…because if I didn’t, I would tell them. Friends do that. Friends tell friends when their recipes are nasty…it’s a code of conduct. Friends also tell each other when their skirt is tucked into their pantyhose. True story. You’ll find recipes from: The Humbled Homemaker, Christian Mommy Blogger, Authentic Simplicity, Creating Naturally, Young Wife’s Guide, and Day2Day Joys.
I chose this recipe for Triple Berry Smoothie from The Humbled Homemaker because I knew I could easily convert it to a Fuel Pull. And if you’re confused about what the heck I’m talking about, see this post about Trim Healthy Mama.
I pulled the berry amount back to 1 cup total and I used almond milk instead of yogurt. I also sweetened with stevia instead of fruit juice and added some extracts and whey protein to give an extra protein boost. It. Is. Stinking. Awesome. Going straight into the keepers file.
Let me tell you something about this recipe…don’t leave out the lemon extract. Really. It gives this smoothie a depth of flavor and a little extra somethin’-somethin’.
Also, make sure to use frozen fruit and not fresh – it works best. If you only have fresh, sock your berries in the freezer for a few hours. Bingo. Problem solved. I love solving problems…unless I want to whine. Then I just want Barry to listen. Can I get a witness?!
I really love how this one turned out – it’s going to be a regular on our meal plan. It’s nice to have good friends with free Smoothie eCookbooks…don’t you agree?
Now, hop on over to Gwen’s Nest for Roobios Chai Tea for Trim Healthy Tuesday!
Triple Berry Smoothie – FP
- 1 cup total of berries: strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries are good
- ½ cup almond milk
- Stevia to taste
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon lemon extract
- ½ scoop whey protein powder (I use Swanson)
- Combine all in blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Yield: 1 serving
THM Compliant: This is a FP smoothie if you keep the blueberries under ½ cup.
Guidelines for Linked Posts:
- Accepted post topics will be: Trim Healthy Mama-related recipes, kitchen tips, weekly menus, ‘how to’ articles, or exercise tips. MODEST before and after photos may be attached to any of the above. Please do not link personal progress reports or non-THM recipes.
- You may post links from YOUR blog to recipes that are Trim Healthy Mama friendly. They can be S (satisfying), E (energizing), FP (Fuel Pull), or Crossovers. Please note which of these categories your recipe falls under. Nutrition information for your recipe is helpful, but not mandatory.
- Please respect the copyright of the book, and do not post recipes from the Trim Healthy Mama book on your blog or in this link up. You MAY post recipes that you’ve changed to make your own, but nothing verbatim from the book.
- Please link your post back to one of the hosting blogs above: Gwen’s Nest or Stacy Makes Cents. Your link will show up on both blogs! DO NOT LINK TO THE HOMEPAGE – instead link directly to the Trim Healthy Tuesday post to which you are linking up to.
- Please post no more than 3 links each week.
- Post new links from your blog each week – do not post the same link each week.
- You may include recipes with “Splenda” and other similar products or foods that are considered “compromise foods”, but please note that in the recipe, and either make them optional or offer substitutions for on plan items if possible. Please do not use ingredients that are off plan…like white potatoes.
- No giveaways or advertising-only type posts are allowed. You may post about cookbooks that you like and you may include affiliate links, but the post MUST be THM friendly.Example – posting about an eCookbook that you like is acceptable when telling how it can help with THM. Posting about a cookbook just so you can sell it is NOT acceptable.
- Any post that does not meet the guidelines outlined above will be considered Spam and will be deleted.
- Though it’s not required, it would be polite if you would link directly to the Trim Healthy Mama website in each of your posts – they’ve done so much to help us all, and we’d like to increase their traffic.
- For help with determining where your recipes fall, visit Gwen’s THM Quick Start Guide.
**See this post for more about this Trim Healthy Tuesday link up.
My top three picks from last week were:
Mediterranean Salmon Wasas (S) from House of Worshippers
I like having something quick and easy to make on Sunday night…because we mostly just snack since we have a large lunch. This really REALLY hit the spot. It’s light and refreshing…and super easy. It’s good with Wasa crackers and it’s also tasty with Lavash crackers too. I won’t lie and tell you that I don’t know it’s pretty stinking delicious when you lick the bowl. The only thing I changed was to cut back a little bit on the cream cheese – based on what I had in the fridge. It was really good and I didn’t feel nasty and gross after eating it like I would with a lot of other dips or Twinkies. Wait…Twinkies? Who needs Twinkies when you can have……………………….
Fudge Brownie Muffin in a Mug (S) from Whole Food Mom on a Budget
YEAH! Nix the Twinkies, baby! This was so good, I groaned through eating it. Barry said “This is gross…are you gonna eat yours?” I think he was trying reverse psychology or something. But I’m too smart for that! I wasn’t born yesterday! This recipe went into my Trim Healthy Mama binder quicker than you can say BACON. I can’t wait to make it again…in fact, I think I’ll go do that right now – or maybe I should finish this post first. Brownies. Chocolate. Bacon. I’m distracted now.
Oat Fiber Bread (FP) from Fruit of Her Hands
I’ve been making this bread a lot ever since I saw it posted on the THM Facebook page. It’s quick and easy and it uses one of my favorite ingredients – oat fiber. Karen also links to her post and video about oat fiber so you can learn about it. I like this bread best because I can use it in an S or an E setting…or just keep it FP and serve it with Chicken Broth Anything Soup or the like. I liked Karen’s square bowl, so I had to use some Swagbucks and get one for myself. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery…or something. I always cut back on the amount of garlic in it – because while I like garlic, I don’t like smelling my own breath. Do you?
The TOP pick by YOU guys was:
Trim Healthy Tuesday Meal Planning from Embracing Everything
*This post is linked up at Healthy 2Day Wednesday at Authentic Simplicity, at Make Bake Create at Hope in Every Season, at Cast Party Wednesday at The Lady Behind the Curtain, at Wonderful Food Wednesday at All She Cooks, at Gluten Free Wednesday at Gluten Free Homemaker, at Wednesday Extravaganza at Hungry Little Girl, at Wonderful Wednesdays at Ducks in a Row, at Works for Me Wednesday at We are That Family, at Allergy Free Wednesdays at Whole New Mom, at Welcome Home Wednesday at Raising Arrows, at Fresh Foods Link Up at Gastronomical Sovereignty, at Show and Share Wednesday at Mostly Homemade Mom, at Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop, at Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, at The Project Stash at Seven Alive, at Tasty Thursdays at Mandatory Mooch, at Thursdays Treasures at Chocolate Chocolate and More, at Thank Your Body Thursday at Thank Your Body, at Pin It Thursday at Sweet Bellaroos, at Simple Lives Thursday at My Humble Kitchen, at Proverbs 31 Thursday Linkup at Raising Mighty Arrows, at Frugal Food Thursday at Frugal Follies, at Fantastic Thursday at Five Little Chefs, at Thriving on Thursdays at Domesblissity, at Thrive at Home Thursday at Live Called, at Let’s Get Real at 365ish Days of Pinterest, at The Weekend Re-Treat at The Best Blog Recipes, at Family Fun Friday at Happy & Blessed Home, at Creative Connection Party at Chase the Star, at TGIF Link Party at A Peek Into My Paradise, at Crafty Friday at Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons, at Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush, at Foodtastic Friday at Not Your Ordinary Recipes, at Gluten Free Fridays at Vegetarian Mama, at Pin Junkie Link Party at The Pin Junkie, at Weekend Wonders at The Thriftiness Miss, at Friday Favorites at Rattlebridge Farm, at Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home, at Foodie Friday at Simple Living and Eating, at Shine On Fridays at One Artsy Mama, at Freedom Fridays at My Turn for Us, at Pity Party at Thirty Handmade Days, at Foodie Fridays at Growing Up Triplets, at Simple Meals Friday at Nourishing Simplicity, at Weekend Potluck at Sunflower Supper Club, at Friday Food Frenzy at Mostly Food and Crafts, at Get Him Fed Fridays at Anyonita Nibbles, at From the Farm at Fresh Eggs Daily, at Pennywise Platter at Nourishing Gourmet, at Catch as Catch Can at My Repurposed Life, at Super Saturday Link Party at Made From Pinterest, at Your Great Idea Link Party at One She Two She, at Get Schooled Saturday at Too Much Time, at Share Your Creativity at It’s Overflowing, at Show & Tell Saturday at Be Different Act Normal, at Sweet & Savory Saturdays at Dessert Now Dinner Later, at Serenity Saturday at Serenity You, at Strut Your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters Stuff, at Think Pink Sunday at Flamingo Toes, at Meatless Mondays at My Sweet & Savory, at Meatless Mondays at The Veggie Mama, at Inspiration Monday at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, at Clever Chicks at The Chicken Chick, at Recipe Sharing Monday at Jam Hands, at Marvelous Mondays at This Gal Cooks, at Melt in Your Mouth Monday at Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms, at Mix It Monday at Flour Me With Love, at A Round Tuit at Creating My Way to Success, at Make Your Own Monday at Nourishing Treasures, at Barn Hop at Homestead Revival, at Homemade Mondays at Frugal By Choice, at Trim Healthy Tuesday, at Better Mom Mondays at The Better Mom, and at Mouthwatering Monday at A Southern Fairy Tale.