With the popularity of my 100 Days of No Processed Foods: Crock Pot Style post, I’ve realized there is a huge need and desire for crock pot recipes that don’t call for pre-packaged foods. When glancing through Pinterest, it’s evident that most crock pot recipes call for mixes, boxes, and cans of stuff from the grocery store. That’s why I so enjoy posting wholesome, whole-food crock pot recipes each Friday.
I got an idea in my head that wouldn’t go away. I have a dream – my dream is a huge list and resource of crock pot desserts that don’t call for cake mix, pudding, and canned pie mix. Did you know that before today, there isn’t such a list (at least not one that I can find). Well, BOOYA, BABY! I spent hours compiling this list for you. And it was a lot of fun hours, because as we all know, I love list making.
It’s hard to find wholesome slow cooker dessert recipes. Most of them are cake mixes baked in the crock – or a pie made with canned cherry pie filling. I know there is a need for healthy slow cooker desserts – and that’s why I provide a dessert section in both Crock On and Keep Crockin’. Because really, a girl should be able to get her chocolate on without eating it from a box.
SPECIAL NOTE: In some of these recipes you’re going to see white sugar, white flour, and even vegetable oil. I don’t use those things. For me, when I see them I just automatically substitute whole-food ingredients instead. It’s something that happens in my head – along with a host of other things, but that’s neither here nor there.
A few of the recipes call for graham crackers, but I’ve included a recipe for you to make your own. So, get creative! Instead of marking a recipe off because it calls for crushed, store-bought cookies, just make cookies and crush them yourself.
- If it calls for all-purpose white flour, I use white wheat (from my Nutrimill, but you can buy white wheat at the store).
- If it calls for white sugar, I use sucanat in equal amounts – coconut sugar or honey granules would work as well.
- If it calls for vegetable or canola oil, I use melted coconut oil.
- If it calls for cornstarch, I use arrowroot instead.
So, this list is for you – no mixes or boxes included. So you can make a crock pot dessert and make it wholesome. Everyone needs a wholesome piece of dessert after having
- Pumpkin Pie Cake from Mom on Time Out
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cake from Heavenly Homemakers
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Cake from Heavenly Homemakers
- Applesauce Cake
- Hot Fudge Cake
- Clean Eating Chocolate Cake from Get Crocked
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake from Slava’s Recipes
- Banana Upside Down Cake from Get Crocked
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting from Crock Pot Ladies
- Blueberry Coffee Cake from Decadent Dessert Recipes
- Lemon Poppyseed Cake from Decadent Dessert Recipes
- Orange Pudding Cake from Slava’s Recipes
- Cranberry Orange Cake from LDSLiving Magazine
- Mixed Berry Pudding Cake from Better Homes and Gardens
- Nutella Swirl Chocolate Chip Pound Cake from The Naptime Chef (Homemade Nutella!)
- Double Apple Cake from My Recipes
- Red Velvet Cake from Slava’s Recipes – Amazon sells natural red food coloring (that’s an affiliate link).
Crisps and Cobblers
- Blackberry Apple Crisp from Practical Stewardship
- Apple Crisp from Kitchen Stewardship (Slow Cooker option)
- Peach Cobbler from What Vegan Kids Eat
- Peach Crisp from Money Saving Mom
- Black and Blue Cobbler from The Crockin’ Girls
- Caramel Apple Crumble from How Sweet Eats
- Strawberry Cobbler from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures
- Blueberry Cobbler from Just a Pinch Recipes. Make your own self-rising flour using this recipe from Nourishing Joy.
- Summer Berry Grunt from The Merry Gourmet
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp from A Busy Mom’s Slow Cooker Adventures
- Caramel Apple Crisp from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures. You can make homemade caramel with sucanat or brown sugar using this recipe from Heavenly Homemakers.
- Mini Berry Cobblers from Arizona Foothills Magazine
Brownies and Cookies:
- Gluten-Free Brownies from Practical Stewardship
- Sour Cream Cake Brownies with PB Frosting
- Polka Dot Peanut Butter Brownies
- Slow Cooker Blondies from Get Crocked
- Chocolate Chip Pan Cookies from Crock Pot Ladies
- Triple Chocolate Brownies from Martha Stewart
- Chocolate Chip Blondies from Crock Pot Recipe Exchange
- Cookie Divine from A Busy Mom’s Slow Cooker Adventures
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from A Busy Mom’s Slow Cooker Adventures
- Game Day Brownies from Kleinworth and Co.
- Chocolate Raspberry Mason Jar Brownies from Recipes That Crock
- White Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Bars from Frugal Foodie Mama
- Cranberry White Chocolate Cookie Bars from Simple Nourished Living
Custards and Puddings:
- Pumpkin Custard from Health Home and Happiness
- Old Fashioned Rice Pudding from Better Homes and Gardens
- Apple Cinnamon Rice Pudding from Sugar Plum
- Figgy Pudding from Get Crocked
- Grandma’s Raisin Pudding from Lark’s Country Heart
- Brown Rice Pudding from The Greenbacks Gal
- Coconut Rice Pudding from Woman’s Day Magazine
- Candied Nuts
- Cocoa Almonds
- Trail Mix
- Slow Cooker Fudge from Skinny Ms
- Nut Clusters from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures
- Cinnamon Almonds from The Recipe Critic
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake (Gluten-Free)
- Crock Pot Cheesecake from One Perfect Bite. You can easily make homemade graham crackers using this recipe from Smitten Kitchen.
- Orange Mint Cheesecake from A Busy Mom’s Slow Cooker Adventures. Make homemade graham crackers using the recipe from Smitten Kitchen.
- Lemony Cheesecake from Better Homes and Gardens. Make homemade graham crackers using the recipe from Smitten Kitchen.
- Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake from Mommy’s Kitchen. Another good use of those homemade graham crackers!
- Strawberry Cheesecake from Couponing to Disney. Needs homemade graham crackers!
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake from The Better Baker. Need those graham crackers again!
- Cranberry Bread Pudding from Better Recipes
- Apple Berry Brown Betty from Chatelaine
- Chocolate Raspberry Strata from Cooking Channel TV
- Apple Brown Betty from Moms with Crock Pots
- Chocolate Cappuccino Bread Pudding from Recipe Lion. I would use homemade bread.
- Chocolate Nutella Bread Pudding from The Perfect Pantry. You can easily make homemade nutella.
- Cinnamon and Pecan Bread Pudding from Skinny Ms.
- Ricotta Vanilla Bread Pudding from Recipe.com
- Chocolate Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce from Skinny Ms.
- Old Fashioned Gingerbread from Slava’s Recipes
- Lemon Cornmeal Poppyseed Bread from Betty Crocker
- Banana Bread from Crock Pot Ladies
- Pumpkin Bread from Wanna Bite
- Pumpkin Bread with nuts from Get Crocked
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread from A Busy Mom’s Slow Cooker Adventures
- Gingerbread with Dried Cherries from Recipe 4 Life
- Blueberry Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread from Kitchen Tested
- Apple Cinnamon Raisin Bread from Glittering Muffins
- Bananas Foster from Skinny Ms.
- Crock Pot Applesauce from The Humbled Homemaker
- Butternut Applesauce
- Sweet Apple Chutney
- Stuffed Apples
- Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Honey Bananas from Skinny Ms.
- Apple Confit from Recipe.com
- Apple Pie from Flour Me With Love. This one requires Bisquick, but you can easily make Homemade Bisquick using this recipe from A Spoonful of Coriander.
- Cinnamon Apples from Moms With Crock Pots
- Fruit Topping from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures
- Gingered Pears from Moms With Crock Pots
- Blueberry Fancy from Café Mom
- Dried Fruit Compote from Eating Well
- Summer Fruit Compote from Family Fresh Meals
Drinks and Miscellaneous:
- Pumpkin Chai Tea from Barns and Noodles
- Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate from Kitchen Treaty
- Hot Cocoa from Creating Naturally
- Crème Brulee from Crock Pot 365
- Chocolate Fondue from Budget Savvy Diva
And there you have it! Please note that most of these recipes go to other blogs. So, if you find a dead link please let me know.
*This post is linked at Think Pink Sunday at Flamingo Toes, at Making Monday at A Bright and Beautiful Life, at Inspiration Monday at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, at Clever Chicks at The Chicken Chick, at Recipe Sharing Monday at Jam Hands, at Marvelous Mondays at This Gal Cooks, at Melt in Your Mouth Monday at Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms, at Mix It Up Monday at Flour Me With Love, at A Round Tuit at Creating My Way to Success, at at Mouthwatering Mondays at A Southern Fairy Tale, at Homestead Barn Hop at Homestead Revival, at Totally Tasty Tuesdays at Mandy’s Recipe Box, at Handmade Tuesdays at Ladybug Blessings, at Show Me What You Got at Our Delightful Home, at Fat Tuesday at Real Food Forager, at Tasty Tuesdays at Anyonita Nibbles, at Domestically Divine at Far Above Rubies, at Teach Me Tuesday at Growing Home, at Gluten Free Tuesday at Easy Green Mama, at Share It Link Party at The Winthrop Chronicles, at Hearth and Soul Blog Hop at Premeditated Leftovers, at In and Out of the Kitchen at Feeding Big, at Wow Me Wednesday at Ginger Snap Crafts, at Wonderful Wednesdays at Ducks in a Row, at Gluten Free Wednesday at Gluten Free Homemaker, at Wonderfully Creative Wednesday at All She Cooks, at Cast Party Wednesday at Lady Behind the Curtain, at Make Bake Create at Hope in Every Season, at Real Food Wednesday at Kelly the Kitchen Kop, at Show and Share Wednesday at Mostly Homemade Mom, at Fresh Foods Wednesday at She Eats, at Welcome Home Wednesday at Raising Arrows, at Allergy Free Wednesdays at Whole New Mom, at Works for Me Wednesday at We are That Family, at Pin It Thursday at Sweet Bella Roos, at Thank Your Body Thursday at Thank Your Body, at Thriving on Thursday at Domesblissity, at Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, at Pin It Thursday at Sweet Bella Roos, at Thank Your Body Thursday at Thank Your Body, at Thriving on Thursday at Domesblissity, at Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, at Fantastic Thursday at Five Little Chefs, at Thrive at Home Thursday at Live Called, at Proverbs 31 Thursday Linkup at Raising Mighty Arrows, at Simple Lives Thursday at My Humble Kitchen, at Let’s Get Real Link Party at 365ish Pins, at The Weekend Re-Treat at The Best Blog Recipes, at Family Fun Friday at Happy and Blessed Home, at Blog Strut at A Peek Into My Paradise, at Crafty Friday at Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons, at Foodtastic Friday at Not Your Ordinary Recipes, at Gluten Free Fridays at Vegetarian Mamma, at Pin Junkie Link Party at The Pin Junkie, at Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm, at Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home, at Freedom Fridays at My Turn For Us, at Foodie Friday at Simple Living Eating, at Catch as Catch Can at My Repurposed Life, at The Party Bunch at Thirty Handmade Days, at Simple Meals Friday at Nourishing Simplicity, at Weekend Potluck at Sunflower Supper Club, at Friday Food Frenzy at Mostly Food and Crafts, at From the Farm at Fresh Eggs Daily, at Pretty & Delicious Linky Party at Your Homebased Mom, at Get Schooled Saturday at Too Much Time, at Show and Tell Saturday at Be Different Act Normal,at Super Saturday Link Party at Made from Pinterest, at Serenity Saturday at Serenity You, at Strut Your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters’ Stuff.